1stDentalImplants.com Home PageFind a Dental Implants Dentist

Ask The Dentist About Dental Implants

I have bone missing but I want dental implants, what can I do?

Question: I want to have dental implants in the lower jaw,but I have some bone missing,an surgeon has told me that I needed more bone for the implants to support the bone,what can I do?

Dr. Samuels: Today,  bone grafting is a normal predictable procedure associated with placing implants in locations where there is insufficient bone.  If you are seeing an oral surgeon or periodontist for this procedure you are probably in good hands.  Some general dentists and prosthodontists do bone grafting as well. 

Add comment

(Will show your Gravatar icon)

  Country flag

  • Comment
  • Preview



Sign in